Boston West ER Temporarily Closed on SaturdaysJanuary 7, 2022
As of January 15th, Boston West will be closed on Saturdays. This incredibly difficult decision comes after weeks of discussions, planning, and many attempts to remedy our staffing hardships. We are working hard to hire more team members and we will return to 24/7/365 as soon as we can. We deeply apologize for the impact this service change will have upon our community, and hope that you understand that this decision was not made lightly.
|Monday: Open 24 hours|
|Tuesday: Open 24 hours|
|Wednesday: Open 24 hours|
|Thursday: Open 24 hours|
|Fridays: Open until 10 p.m.|
|Sunday: Open from 7 a.m. onward.|
Nearby Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Care Hospitals
If you have patients with emergency medical needs during the times we are closed, we recommend calling the following facilities.
Please call ahead for estimated wait times and to make sure they are still accepting patients.
- Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital – 20 Cabot Road, Woburn, MA 01801 – 781-932-5802
- Tufts Grafton – 55 Willard Street, North Grafton, MA 01536 – 508-839-5395
- Tufts VETS – 525 South St, Walpole, MA 02081 – 508-668-5454
- Blue Pearl Waltham – 180 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451 – (781) 684-8387
- Westford Veterinary Emergency and Referral Center – 11 Cornerstone Square, Westford, MA 01886 – 978-577-6525
Veterinary Urgent Care:
Please call ahead for estimated wait times, appointments, and to make sure they are still accepting patients.
- VEG – Newton – 165 Needham Street, Newton, MA 02464 – 617-729-4446
- PetMedic Urgent Care Vet Clinic – 347 Main Street, Watertown, MA 02472 – 617-744-9540