Written by Marissa Ann Portillo, BS, RLATG, CM
With the weather becoming warmer and the sunshine becoming brighter, our pups are surely ready for a fresh new treat to satisfy their tummies. Even though it’s early Spring, strawberries are in season and you can still make healthy yet simple cookies for your pups right at home!
Strawberry Spring Snacks
Disclaimer: these treats are so yummy and fresh, they even make a good snack for you! You and your pup can enjoy guilt-free together.
- ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 medium apple – diced
- ½ cup frozen strawberries (thawed) Note: no sugar, no xylitol, no sweeteners
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix flour, diced apple, and thawed strawberries. Then, slowly add water while mixing.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon silver-dollar sized dollops onto the sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool and serve! Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.